Electric fireplaces are a way less costly alternative to adding a wood-burning fireplace to your home. Electric models provide a significant amount of heat for small spaces, reducing the need to turn on the oven and therefore saving money on your energy bill.
Electric fireplaces are indeed an excellent alternative to other energy-intensive options. In fact, if you used your electric fireplace every day for a year, it would only cost you about $ 25.
Electric fireplaces can enhance that cozy fall feeling in your home with very little investment. Read on for more essential facts about electric heaters.
What is an electric fireplace?
An electric fireplace, or fireplace heater, is an electric heater that mimics the look of a fireplace, with realistic-looking flames and aesthetically pleasing designs.
Although they are much sturdier than an average space heater, they still come with the same precautions. Electric fireplaces work by drawing cool air into an area, heating the air using internal heating coils, then forcing the recent air out with a fan system.
Safety tips for electric fireplaces
When it comes to the safety of electric fireplaces, it’s a little less intimidating than traditional portable heaters.
Electric chimney warmers are a lot sturdier than space radiators, making them almost difficult to knockdown. However, as with traditional portable heaters, it is important to adhere to the safety guidelines for electric fireplaces. For example:
- Keep other objects at a safe distance: Your electric fireplace heater should be kept away from other objects such as blankets, electronics, furniture, or toys. Leave at least three feet of free space in all directions and never place anything on top of your electric fireplace.
- Avoid touching the surface: The surfaces of your electric fireplace can get quite hot to the touch during use. It is best not to touch it at all when it is in use.
- Don’t leave children or pets unattended: Accidents can happen, especially when it comes to small children or animals, so do not leave them unattended when your electric fireplace is in use.
- Never use your unit outside: Electric fireplace heaters are designed for indoor use only.
- Make sure your points of sale are safe: Never plug your electric fireplace heater into an outlet that you suspect is unsafe. Also, never use a cord or plug that’s frayed or damaged. If you are unsure about the safety of your electrical system, consider an electrical safety inspection.
- Unplug unit when not in use: For precautionary reasons, always unplug your electric fireplace heater when not in use.
- Never modify the unit: Modifying an electric fireplace can be extremely dangerous. Always consult your owner’s manual when problems arise.
If repairs or modifications are required, hire a professional electrician from Currumbin to do the work.
Consult Any Questions at Magikflame
Uncertain if an electric chimney warmer is ok for your home? Want an expert opinion? The pros at Magikflame are standing by for all your electrical needs. Call 800-386-6194 or schedule an appointment online today.
It is safe to say that you are considering introducing a chimney in your home? Magikflame can help. And since they belong to the Neighborly family of home services, we all know they’re going to provide you with outstanding workmanship and great customer service.
Read more interesting articles at https://huggymonster.com