Does your QuickBooks won’t open? Try all the methods to access it but fail and want advanced methods to fix the issue. Then you are on the right page. Here you will the troubleshooting methods to you can perform when your QuickBooks is unable to open. You will also get the reasons why you are facing this issue.
QuickBooks is an advanced application in terms of accounting and bookkeeping. It helps small, medium-sized, and solo entrepreneurs manage their daily accounting activities. With QuickBooks, users can easily track down all the records, taxes, invoices, and many other financial activities. It is locally installed on the system and available for both Windows and Mac. But sometimes, the users complain that their QuickBooks not opening even after so many tries. Well, QuickBooks is software that can encounter technical glitches or errors, which can prevent access and performance. We have a user query who is experiencing the same.
“I have been operating the QuickBooks Desktop application for the past 2 years, but I’ve never seen such a problem. As I opened my PC and head towards to access the QuickBooks Desktop application, I see that the QuickBooks won’t open. It loads for some time but didn’t open. Can anyone tell me how to overcome this situation?”
Rentia Erwee – A QuickBooks Desktop user
Your QuickBooks can’t be open due to various reasons which we derive in the following section.
Why does my QuickBooks Won’t Open?
If the QuickBooks does not start or stuck while you try to access it, it can be due to the following means:
- When the company file name is lengthy so QuickBooks is not open.
- Due to the corruption in the company data files.
- When QuickBooks is installed with incomplete installation files.
- Your system doesn’t have the proper components to install or operate QuickBooks.
- Due to the crashed or damaged system hard disk, containing the QuickBooks essential files.
Due to the above-stated reasons, your QuickBooks is unable to start. Now, we are heading to solve the issue with easy solutions.
Fixes You Can Perform When QuickBooks Won’t Open
When the QuickBooks doesn’t open, you can try the below-given fixes to fix the issue on your own. These are:
Fix 1: Use Quick Fix My Program
Quick Fix My Program is the utility of the QuickBooks Tool Hub. So to use the Quick Fix My Program, you have to first download the Tool Hub and then install it on the system. Ensure that you have downloaded the most recent version of Tool Hub 18.104.22.168. After installing follow the given steps:
- In the first, open QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Then, using the left pane, you have to click on the Program Problems tab.
- Afterward, click on Quick Fix My Program and let the tool run a scan to detect and fix the programs.
- When the scan ends, open the QuickBooks and check for the issue.
If the QuickBooks still does not start then, go for the next method.
Fix 2: Use Install Diagnostic Tool
The QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool is also a part of the QuickBooks Tool Hub. As we mentioned above QuickBooks won’t open due to improper installation, so this Install Diagnostic Tool will fix all the installation problems and provide all the essential installation files that QuickBooks needs to operate. So go with the following steps:
- Firstly, launch your QuickBooks Tool Hub application.
- Secondly, from the left side panel, choose Installation Issues.
- When the Installation Issues tab expands, click on Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Now, let the tool open and run, it can up to 15 minutes.
- After the scan, try to access the QuickBooks and company file and check for the issue.
QuickBooks won’t open issue is a severe issue for the users who work on QuickBooks daily. When the QuickBooks not opening, all their work stops and they are not able to perform any task on it. So to overcome these situations we present you the two easy solutions you can perform to eliminate the issue. These fixes use the QuickBooks Tool Hub to end the issue. However, if the issue continues after following the fixes, then you should contact the experts to get an immediate solution for the issue. Thank You!