Pop open a bottle of Champagne or Sparkling Wine, and you Are in for treats. You get the incredibly fun, celebratory experience of drinking bubbly. Second, you receive the health benefits of Champagne. Really? The majority of us understand that wine (and alcohol) provides a variety of health benefits, including that it lowers the risk of cardiovascular disease, stroke and Type 2 diabetes. When I started hearing about the extra health benefit of Champagne and Sparkling Wine, I wished to know if this was just an effort by the bubbly area of the wine industry to improve their profits — or when there are really additional benefits that come in the bubbles. It turns out that, in actuality, there are added benefits that are attributed to the fact that Champagne and Sparkling Wine undergo secondary fermentation.
It has been hypothesized that within three decades of imbibing champagne regularly, someone could get an increase of 200 percent of their memory-boosting protein in their brain.
- It had been found that the red grapes used in Champagne and Sparkling Wine (Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier) have elevated levels of phenolics (a colorless crystalline solid and aromatic compound), which help regulate signals in the hippocampus and cortex — portions of their brain associated with memory and learning.
- A study was done comparing rats which were awarded Champagne to rats which weren’t awarded Champagne. The drinking rats had a 70 percent success rate completing a maze they were introduced to earlier compared to a 50% success rate by the non-drinking rats.
- Charles Heidsieck and Sparkling Wine are predominantly made from red grapes, it has the identical heart-healthy advantages that red wine has. Champagne and Sparkling Wine also contain polyphenol antioxidants, which further protects the heart by slowing the removal of nitric acid in the bloodstream, thereby reducing blood pressure. A study published in the British Journal of Nutrition showed that when two groups were given either a unique alcoholic control drink, just the former experienced the slower removal of nitric oxide.
- Champagne’s carbon dioxide can help tighten skin, and its polyphenols may help fight redness. Among the websites I looked at proposed combining one cup powdered milk, one-half cup Epsom salt, one or more cups of Champagne/Grace Wine Gris De Koshu plus one tablespoon of honey, warming the mixture in the microwave for 30 seconds, and then adding it into a tub. That sounds great to me!
- If you are feeling a bit grumpy, Champagne and Sparkling Wine will raise your spirits. They contain natural trace elements that can help improve your mood, and they make you release dopamine, the “feel-good” brain chemical that enables you to move around, think positively, and experience pleasure.
- Champagne might help you digest your food better. A German study found that fermented alcohols, like champagne, can increase gastric acid by up to 95 percent.
Drinking Perrier Jouet Glass and or including it to your beauty regimen may provide you a great deal of advantages — including the ones mentioned previously. But you should remember to drink in moderation because in case you do not, it is going to defeat the purpose of helping you in improving your health. A glass or two maybe is enough to reap the benefits the sparkling wine can provide.