Are you going to appear for the class 10 board exam this year? Have you prepared your own notes? If your answer is no, then read this article thoroughly. Here, you will know how important it is to create your own notes for class 10 board exam preparation. Apart from it, you will learn how to make effective notes for the board exam.
What is Note Making?
Note making is not about writing down the things or topics you hear or read. It is a process of organising information and ideas properly. It also includes reviewing, correlating and synthesising the thoughts from your lectures or reading.
Your memory can grasp and hold information only until new information comes along to replace it. This means that long term learning doesn’t occur in classes. You can retain the information only when you have studied it by yourself. Note creation gives you a lasting record of a class. You don’t need to go through the entire chapter. For example, just by going through The Fog Summary of First Flight Class 10 English Book, you will recall the entire poem. So, by making the notes, you can quickly revise the topics.
Benefits of Making Notes for 10th Board Exam Preparation
There are numerous advantages of making notes. Although we have listed a few of them below:
1) It will help you remember the content since you write and prepare your own notes.
2) You can have a quick glance at the notes during your revision. So, it will save your time during studies.
3) Often, the structure of sentences used in the textbooks is quite difficult to read and understand. So, while making notes, you’ll be writing the same sentence but in your own words. Doing so will assure that you don’t end up writing something wrong in the examination.
4) Studying something from your own handwriting is easier and faster than studying from printed material. It helps in understanding the topics easily.
5) By making separate notes of each chapter for each subject, you can go through the main concepts anytime. It will be of great help when you get confused or forget it.
6) It will boost your confidence level so that you attempt the exam boldly.
7) It helps you understand what you are learning and clarifies your doubts.
How to Make effective Notes?
Note making is a crucial skill. It is not just limited to school learning but also helpful in college and the workplace. Whether we are taking minutes at a meeting, jotting down the points, summarising the key points of a long email, or organising our thoughts on paper, good note-making skills are essential to our lives. Therefore, students must learn note-making techniques at the school level, not just to score marks but also for the career ahead. Below are a few points that will help you in creating effective notes:
- Identify the important topic
- Write down in the shortest form
- Use table and diagrams
- Write down formulas in a sheet
- Use bullets points in notes
- Keep the information organised and structured
We hope you would have understood how useful it is to make CBSE English Notes For Class 10 exams while studying. Keep working hard, and don’t forget to solve the sample papers and previous years question papers during your revision. It will help understand the last year exam trend and difficulty level of questions asked in the exam.