Do you feel like you’ve been shunned from logging into your WiFi extender? Wondering what might be the reason that led to the issue? Well, sadly, there isn’t just one factor why you are facing the mywifiext.net not working issue, there are plenty.
Here are the topmost reasons why you aren’t able to access the mywifiext net web page:
- Your device does not have access to a fast internet connection
- You are using the wrong web address to log into the extender
- The firmware of your Netgear WiFi extender is not updated
- The extender you’re using is old and needs to get fixed
Hopefully knowing about the reasons leading to the mywifiext.net not working issue will help you in resolving it efficiently.
Troubleshooting: Mywifiext.net Not Working Issue
Walk through the troubleshooting tips mentioned below and get rid of the mywifiext.net not working issue once and for all.
1. Have a Blazing-Fast Internet Connection
The most common reason why you are facing the mywifiext.net not working issue is because your extender does not have access to a blazing-fast internet connection. Thus, ensure that your WiFi device is well connected to the router.
If the Netgear extender and your home router have been connected wirelessly so far, then make use of an Ethernet cable to connect them. The reason being, using a cable to connect devices is a safer option in comparison.
On the off chance, if the internet issue still doesn’t get fixed, then it is recommended that you get in touch with your Internet Service Provider (ISP). There is a possibility that the internet issue might have been caused by their end.
2. Make Use of the Correct Web Address
Did you cross-check the web address while trying to log into your Netgear extender? No? Well, in that case, make sure that you fill in the correct web address to access mywifiext. You can also make use of the default IP address if you want.
If even after taking both these steps you aren’t able to log into your Netgear extender, then perhaps the default address that you’re using is not going with your device. In order words, if you are using an Android, then you need to use mywifiext local instead of mywifiext.net.
3. Update the Firmware of Your Extender
Another major reason why you can’t access the mywifiext.net web page is because the firmware of your device isn’t updated. Try to remember, when was the last time when you did? Don’t remember? Well, it’s a signal that you need to your update your extender now.
Here are the step-by-step guidelines that you need to go through to update the firmware of the Netgear WiFi range extender:
- Switch on your laptop. Ensure that it is fully charged.
- Then, open Google Chrome on your system.
- Log into your extender by using 192.168.1.250.
- Once you’ve successfully logged into your device, go to Settings.
- Enter the model name of your WiFi range extender.
- Now, click on the Firmware Update option.
- Within a couple of minutes, your device will get updated.
4. Replace Your Netgear WiFi Range Extender
If updating the firmware of your Netgear WiFi range extender still didn’t resolve the mywifiext.net issue, then know that there’s something wrong with your device itself. To troubleshoot this issue, we recommended you to replace your extender with a new one.
Once you buy a new Netgear WiFi range extender, connect your device to Netgear_ext, and perform the setup process.
Note: If you don’t remember the instructions to set up your extender, then either refer to the Netgear manual or get in touch with our experts immediately. They are available 24/7 to assist you.